Friday, August 7, 2009

Amazon, Kindle, boomers and seniors -- they get it | Aging In Place Technology Watch

Technorati Tags: ,
Image representing Amazon EC2 as depicted in C...

Image via CrunchBase

 

So it's not the first time I have had the Kindle presented as a technology for seniors -- in a recent overview I did for a senior center, one of the attendees observed that I had left the product out. Two days ago as I walked past two elderly individuals seated on motorized scooters in the back of an ampitheater in Chautauqua NY, a family member poked me as we walked by -- they were listening to music side-by-side AND reading books on their Kindles -- which they might have learned about at the Amazon product forum for seniors. I think they were friends.

Kindle is a device for downloading books -- up to 1500 of them. It's not cheap -- at $299 -- or upwards of $359 and beyond for latest models..……

Amazon, Kindle, boomers and seniors -- they get it | Aging In Place Technology Watch

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: