What do we want to accomplish through this project in Sri Lanka?
After long discussions in many days and months, we came up with four core goals for this project as follows:
1. Developing the culturally appropriate architectural design and care program
2. Applying the concept of aging in community
- Developed countries : creating intentional community
- Developing countries : maintain and strengthen the existing community to care for elders
3. Learning about the social value of elder care in Sri Lanka
4. Application of the lessons learned from the past experience of long term care for elders
Norman DeLisle, MDRC
"With Liberty and Access for All!"
MDRC Website: http://www.copower.org/
LTC Blog: http://ltcreform.blogspot.com/